THE CONSTITUTION (EIGHTY-SIXTH AMENDMENT) ACT, 2002
Dated: December 12, 2002
An Act further to amend the Constitution of India.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-third Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement:-
(1) This Act may be called the Constitution (Eighty-sixth Amendment) Act, 2002.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
2. Insertion of new article 21A:-
After article 21 of the Constitution, the following article shall be inserted, namely:-
Right to education:-
3. Substitution of new article for article 45:- For article 45 of the Constitution,the following article shall be substituted, namely:- . Provision for early childhood care and education to children below the age of six years.
4. Amendment of article 51A:- In article 51A of the Constitution, after clause (J), the following clause shall be added, namely:-
(Subhash C Jain)