TAX TRIBUNAL (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2007
No.18 OF 2007, Dated: April 3, 2007
OF LAW AND JUSTICE
Delhi, the 4th April, 2007/Chaitra 14, 1929 (Saka)
following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President on the 3rd
April, 2007, and is hereby published for general information:-
NATIONAL TAX TRIBUNAL (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2007
No.18 OF 2007
Act to amend the National Tax Tribunal Act, 2005.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-eighth Year of the Republic of India
1. (1) This Act may be called the National Tax Tribunal (Amendment)
title and commencement.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 29th day of January,
49 of 2005.
2. In section 5 of the National Tax Tribunal Act, 2005 (hereinafter referred
to as the principal Act), in sub-section (5),-
of section 5.
the words "in consultation with the Chairperson" shall be omitted;
(ii) the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:-
" Provided that no Member shall be transferred without the concurrence
of the Chairperson.".
Amendment of section 6.
3. In section 6 of the principal Act, in sub-section (2), in clause (b), for
the words "seven years", the words 'five years" shall be substituted.
of section 13.
4. In section 13 of the principal Act, in sub-section (1), the words "or
any person duly authorised by him or it" shall be omitted.
5. (1) The National Tax Tribunal (Amendment) Ordinance, 2007 is hereby repealed.
Ord. 3 of 2007.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the National Tax Tribunal (Amendment) Ordinance,
2007, anything done or any action taken under the principal Act, as amended
by the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the
corresponding provisions of the principal Act, as amended by this Act. Ord.
3 of 2007.
Secretary to the Government of India