GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
4/2017, Dated: March 3, 2017
Subject:- Issue of notice under section 133(6) of the Income-tax Act, 1961 for verification of cash deposits under 'Operation Clean Money' -regd.-
Vide Instruction No. 3/2017 dated 21.02.2017, in file of even number, CBDT has issued a SOP to be followed by the Assessing Officer(s) for Online Verification of Cash Transactions pertaining to the demonetisation period. In continuation thereof, the Board hereby prescribes a Template, to be used for issue of notices under section 133(6) of the Income-tax Act, 1961 ('Act') in appropriate cases, for Online Verification of Cash Deposits. The format is enclosed herewith as Annexure.
2. Following issues may kindly be kept into consideration while issuing notices under section 133(6) of the Act, in applicable cases:
3. This may be brought to the notice of all for necessary compliance.
4. Hindi version to follow.
Enclosure: as above
Subject: Furnishing information under section 133(6) of the Income-tax Act, 1961 ('Act') regarding cash transactions made during 9th November to 30th December, 2016-regd.-
Income-tax Department has received...........information record(s) showing total cash deposits of Rs................................... relating to you. The information in respect of these transactions has already been made available in the online verification portal.
2. You are hereby required to furnish the requisite information/particulars in the matter above, under section 133(6) of the Act, within 5 days of receipt of this communication. The response has to be furnished online only and there is no need to visit the Income-tax office for submitting the same. The steps for furnishing the response are as under:
Step 1: Login to e-filing portal at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. If you are not registered with the e-filing portal, use the 'Register Yourself link to register.
Step 2: Click on "Cash Transactions 2016" link under "Compliance" section.
Step 3: The details of transaction(s) related to cash deposits during 9th November to 30th December, 2016 will be displayed.
Step 4: Submit your online response for each transaction and keep acknowledgement for record.
3. Non-compliance of this notice may lead to forming a view that there is no plausible explanation in respect of cash so deposited and the matter may be further dealt with in accordance with the relevant provisions under the Act. Please also note that non-compliance within the prescribed time may attract penal proceedings under section 272A of the Act.
4. This issues with prior approval of Pr. CIT/CIT/Pr. DIT/DIT.